Deep Focus is seeking an experienced backend web developer to join our team of creative technology professionals.
Web developers work closely with the creative and front end teams to architect and implement server-side solutions across client projects ranging from microsites, to brand websites, to Facebook applications. The candidate should be comfortable working in an agency environment with both large and small quick-turnaround projects.
- 3+ years professional PHP and .NET experience
- 2+ years professional experience with MySQL and MS SQL
- Experience with MVC frameworks for both PHP and .NET including MVC3, Codeignighter, Zend, Symphony, etc.
- Experience building websites on a major CMS such as Umbraco, Sitecore or Drupal. (Umbraco experience a plus.)
- Experience integrating and working with social API’s and ecosystems, including Facebook Graph API and Twitter
- Experience consuming REST and SOAP services to integrate with 3rd parties
- Experience using version control (Git and Subversion) in a team setting
- Basic HTML/CSS skills
- Experience configuring web servers including IIS, Apache and Nginx
- Ecommerce experience a plus but not required
- iOS experience a huge plus but not required
- Applies reckless abandon to learning new technologies outside of the agency stack (node.js, python, Go, etc.), and looks for opportunities to use them
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced client-service environment
- Able to handle ad-hoc requests alongside larger on-going projects
- Comfortable collaborating with production, UX and creative teams to solve problems