Social Media Communications Manager
Deep Focus is looking for a smart, passionate and driven social media native to join our team as a Social Media Communications Manager. This role will be responsible for support across several accounts, will work directly with the client and internal teams to plan, execute and measure social media communications programs. The role oversees Associate Communications Managers who work with management to run day-to-date client communications workflow.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and recognizing opportunities within emerging platforms, online communities and industry developments
- Social Media Content Development
- Translating social media metrics into an insightful narrative
- Understanding social media metrics in order to optimize and create/adapt client strategies
- Track community growth, performance, and participation
- Manage multiple projects, deliverables, deadlines and team members
- Creation of POVs on emerging platforms and third part partners
- Provide daily pro-active and thought leadership to team members and clients
- Strategize Outreach/Communications campaigns
- Editorial outreach to blogs, websites, influencers and niche communities
Requirements (and a few bonus characteristics):
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience in-house or agency
- 2+ years of coordinating and managing social media across multiple channels
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a four-year accredited college or university with a major in journalism or communications
- Strong management skills
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using “social networking speak”.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills.
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team.
- Interest and passion in social media and emerging technologies.
- Diligent work ethic with a desire to expand skill set while consistently learning.
- Ability to think quickly (but not rashly) and prioritize.
- Proactive, creative, and independent.
About the Company
Deep Focus is a full-service, interactive marketing agency, founded in 2002. Its focus is on measurable, results-driven engagement. Its vision is to bring brands closer to people and people closer to each other through experiences that are fueled by unbiased, strategic, and effective communications, creative, and media strategies.